Female Founders Pitch Night
Five female-led teams will learn how to pitch their business model, build relationships with investors and Tulsan ecosystem innovators, deliver impactful presentations, and build confidence. The goals of this quarterly pitch night:
- Recruit diverse female entrepreneurs and integrate them into the Build in Tulsa program where they will meet accelerator partners, funders, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Cultivate an ongoing cohort of female entrepreneurs to increase eligibility to get accepted into acceleration programs
- Provide a platform for diverse and underrepresented founders to expand their perspective of opportunities available to them in Tulsa, OK for the future
- Create awareness of programs among local female Tulsan's and national entrepreneurs from TX, KS, MO, and AR
Upcoming Date: Thursday, June 1st, 2023 at 5:30pm
Application: Deadline to Apply is Friday, March 24, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM
All interested parties will be required to complete a short application detailing their current status and idea. The Build in Tulsa team will review applications and select the top 5 candidates to compete.
- Each contestant will give a 5 minute pitch with a slide deck, followed by a 3 minute Q & A from the judges
- Prizes: 1st place: $10,000 | 2nd place: $5,000 | 3rd place: $2,500 | Crowd’s Choice: $1,000
Requirements to Participate
- The female founder(s) must be 18+ with an idea or early stage startup less than 5 years in operation
- The female founder(s) must have at least 51% ownership of the company
- It must be tech or tech-enabled (even if it’s under development)
Tech company: sells proprietary tech (software, hardware, apps) directly to customers, and would not exist without technology (application, device, social media platform, hardware, software, algorithms, etc.)
Tech-enabled company: a tech-enabled company leverages existing technological advances to solve operational issues or improve customer experience. In other words, tech-enabled companies use tech to sell another type of goods or services. (platform for online courses,
- You must be able to attend 3 of the following 4: pitch clinic, a pitch deck workshop, and two pitch practice in the venue. Attendance, in person is highly encouraged at all 4 events and in-person attendance is required at the last rehearsal.
- We we allow make-ups but a new date has to be arranged prior to the actual workshop or rehearsal.
- The tentative dates we have:
1. Pitch Clinic: Tuesday, April 18th, 2023 @5:30pm
2. Pitch Deck Workshop/ Practice: Tuesday, May 2, 2023 @5:30pm
3. Pitch Practices: #1: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 @5:30 PM | #2: Thursday, May 25th, 2023 @5:30 PM